View Single Post
      11-10-2020, 06:08 AM   #16
MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

1. LCI Range is about 23-27 miles mainly motorway/70mph with a few miles of city driving. Pure city driving is more. 70mph kills range as you have to activate 1st gear only in e-drive. Lower than 65mph you get to go in second gear e-drive (but have to leave it on auto) so you will get more range, performance is massively worse, but if cruising/cruise control it doesn't matter.
2. I'm getting the HV Battery checked today. I will see what sort of status they provide.
3. I have never driven a pre-LCI, sorry. I commute so difference will be minimal.
4. As above
5. I got my LCI with 3k miles for just under £60,000. I've seen another go for £57,000 ish. But this is the absolute bottom at the moment. In a few years they'll be heading down of course, but imagine they'll always carry a few k premium over the non LCIs, it won't be a linear age-related price difference due to the improvements.
6. Wouldn't want 3 x 6 footers in, if my recent experience was anything to go by. Back seat passenger has to bend their neck!
Appreciate 0