jettie1767
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW i7 xdrive60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueju1121 View Post
Greeting gents,

My iX M60 is now officially crossing 28K miles, which means I have been driving, on average, 4,000 miles per month during my seven months of ownership. How time flies!

Two weeks ago, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2023 EQS 580 SUV, fully loaded with an MSRP of $149K.

Now I have been driving both for 14 days, and I would like to share my observations with you all.

Exterior Style:

Neither of them is pretty by ordinary standards, and both of them are designed in wind tunnels. That being said, the iX is more sporty. The EQS SUV is also longer and taller than the iX. Of course, the look is objective.

Interior Style:

The EQS “feels” more advanced, thanks to the standard Hyper Screen in 580 trim. The HVAC system in the EQS has more functions, including a HEPA filter and fragrance. Mine also comes with five zones system so I can individually control the temperature in the trunk/third row.

Quality-wise, I feel like the iX is actually built better. The EQS uses more premium materials in more places. For instance, leather-covered lower parts and suede headliner, but for some reason, the front passenger seat is squeaking. The iX is rattle free.

I am heading to the MB dealer tomorrow to see if they can fix the squeaking.

Quietness:

I have to give this to the EQS. Mine comes with the acoustic comfort package, which includes laminated glasses all around. This is one package that I wished BMW had offered. The duel pane glasses definitely suppress traffic and wind noise better.

That being said, I’m still surprised by how quiet the iX is, especially with single-pane glasses. BMW did a good job isolating the cabin.

Driving:

No doubt, the iX drives better. The EQS is more comfortable, and the airmatic suspension is brilliant. Some may like the feel. If you have driven a full-size Range Rover, you know the feeling. Very floaty.

However, the EQS has 10 degrees of rear-wheel steering, which makes a massive difference in city driving. The turning circle of the EQS is smaller than the A class. The iX only offers 2.5 degrees, which is still good since it is smaller than the enormous EQS.

Efficiency:

The iX is better. The 23 model year EQS doesn’t come with the heat pump or disconnect valve, so the winter range will be impacted more. The heat pump and the disconnecting functions will be standard for 24 model year and onward.

Overall, I’m satisfied with both. They are two very different E-SUVs, and they both meet the expectation of their target audience.

I know some of our forum members are considering and comparing the two. I wish my experience can help!

Cheers!
Thanks for this summary! I'm also looking at the iX M60 or the EQS 580 for my next car sometime later this year. Did you do any comparison between the iX 50 and the M60 before you bought the M60? I've driven the iX 50 and thought the handling was pretty lacking.
xueju1121618.50