View Single Post
      06-12-2019, 08:45 AM   #226
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyMac View Post
...it is possible to rev the engine in Park after you turn the vehicle On by kicking down the gas pedal to the floor. It should start and stay running in Park...
Pretty sure I tried that in response to another thread posted quite a while ago. Never could get the engine to turn on (unless the car had been unused for a very long time and then the throttle had no effect). I will try it again in any case. (I have a 2019).

Yeah, thanks! I'm going to "run this one to ground" just because I want to find out more about the external sound system. The "generic" connector I spliced into my harness makes these types of experiments pretty easy, so why not?

That wireless speaker should be arriving today so I'm hoping to have more to report in a few days...

I really like the in-cabin sound that BMW provides, I only wish the maxhaust/maserati sound could be tweaked to better integrate with it without so much audible dissonance...

I guess I find it more important to experience the best "exhaust" sound INSIDE the car than what those OUTSIDE the car might hear. I bought the car for me, not "them"...
Appreciate 0