Rep
Drives: BMW i8 2017, Crystal White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolarBear View Post
Some clarification from EMac and Stratstone for the BMW Service Plan:

Their service plan for £1050 ish consists of:

1 x MOT.

1 x Major service: (Calculated pay as go cost is approx £750)
Air filter
Brakefluid
Microfilter
Oil service
Spark Plugs
Vehicle Check
Wash/Vac

2 x minor: (Cost paygo is £350)
Microfilter
Oilservice
Wash/Vac

Map updates.

Therefore paygo prices are worth approximately £1450, BMW service plan is £1050. So an approximate £400 saving.

Belt change is £599, and struts are £200 (both of these from what I've read aren't strictly necessary unless you have problems).

The dealers do a pay as you go major service for £1350, which is slightly different from the BMW service plan: It includes major service as above but with the addition of the belt change. I don't know if you can get a major service without the belt change pay as you go, but it means that the emac/Plan value is therefore £750 (£1350-£600).

All in, a £400 saving on the plan. You also get a free MOT chucked in and map updates as well as any seasonal checks. Not the worst deal in the world, indies probably cheaper still but you get courtesy cars too as standard so the faff of not getting dropped off etc could be worth it for some.
Looking at that lot across the service schedule doesn't quite make sense. Year 1 is no service, year 2 is a minor, year 3 is just a brake fluid change, year 4 a major, year 5 nothing, year 6 minor plus brake fluid, year 7 nothing, year 8 major etc. so you don't get a major with a brake fluid change until year 12! I think that they recommend the door strut change every 4 years too (seems daft to me, I'd wait till they fail), not sure about the belts.
Appreciate 0