Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
Why the fuck would you want anyone to put fuel in your car other than yourself!? You can't control the grade, the insertion (scratches), the removal (scratches), the dragging of the hose (scratches) and the dipping of fuel down your car.

I would personally HATE it if anyone else put fuel in my cars other than myself.
Agree. I would go out of my way to avoid such. I tend to fill up on V-Power at Shell stations here in the UK. Many seem to be employing "attendants" now. I always politely decline. I'm the type to try to catch drips with my hand rather than let gas/petrol fall on the paint.

Back in the day, when I lived in The States, I was always baffled by the NJ type laws regarding "self-fueling" and folks who seemed baffled by the concept. I grew up around heavy equipment, trucks, and farming... As a little boy, I was thrilled when I got a chance to drive something/anything to the family fuel tanks behind the barn and "filler 'er up!"

Then later, as driving teenager, being 'gifted' some gas was a welcome reward for chores and labor! Given that gas was $0.80/gallon(US) then...
Appreciate 1