View Single Post
      05-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #2
ohliumliu
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw i3S REX

I had the same issue -- blown adapter -- with the turbo cord. The problem is none of my local dealers has the matching 240V socket to plug it in. They replaced the cord, but the same thing happened again. Have you had the same issue again?

I asked them about the recall too. Apparently they don't necessarily need the car. What they did was to check if the serial number was on a list. But they probably have strict procedure for everything, no matter how trivial it might be.

I am still working with BMW to get this issue solved. I am using a drier outlet for charging. It's hard to imagine the root cause is the power outlet. I did read some posts here talking about a surge protector. It doesn't seem to be a requirement based on my reading of the instruction manual. It's also hard to imagine the charger doesn't have a mechanism to protect it from unpredictable fluctuation from the grid.

Sometimes it gets frustrating working with the dealer and BMW. Everyone has a different answer, and they might all turn out to be false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
Not sure if anyone else received the recall notice on the BMW turbo cord. Pretty sure mine is fine as the normal plug to 6-30 adapter already blew up long back and was replaced, think this part is the reason for the recall.

Anyways, you have to bring the car and cord to the dealer for testing. While the X5 was at the dealer, I gave my SA the cord and said while I am here. He said I need the i3 too.....doh
Appreciate 0