View Single Post
      03-13-2022, 08:23 PM   #22
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Acceleration: Can be brutal and take someone for surprise if not ready for it. I fully get the acceleration for EV's but it gets tiring fast and the novelty wears out quick.

Full Acceleration: Did not feel what you felt. Everything was pretty solid and did not have to hold or adjust the steering wheel in anyway.

Weight: Didn't drive anywhere to comment on the weight beside hard and quick turns and taking on on-ramps with speed, none you could really tell it was 5,000 pounds. So for most people, the weight shouldn't be an issue because you won't notice it in normal day-to-day driving.

IconicSounds: Gets pretty annoying QUICK. When you first hear it, it sounds cool but after a while, it just turns into a constant "whirl" or "hum". turned it off within 5 minutes of test drive.

Everything else: Owning a F36 440i, everything else seems like typical BMW so can't really comment.

Overall impressions, the i4 should get some serious consideration if you're deciding to get a 4er Gran Coupé. Nothing about EV's really get me excited but BMW did a good job of keeping it very BMW so if you're ok with the range and you do not want to pay the ridiculous gas prices today, the i4 will offer a typical BMW experience.
Appreciate 0