04-27-2019, 12:51 PM   #7
AKG M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Have you looked at Porsche USA vs Porsche Canada to see what the price differential is? I would have assumed that it would be FX difference at least, so no real bump, but FX risk is on you if the Canadian dollar strengthens under a new Conservative government (see how optimistic I'm being about October 2019?). Plus, Porsche USA probably is willing to move more on discount just because they have the volume, whereas in Canada, they don't, so they'll probably hold tight to make margin.

Edit: If you were to sell the M5 and go 911 route, how much would you need? Is it something that you could get a Canadian line of credit for (or mortgage on your Canadian house if you are keeping it) and transfer funds to USD and buy down there? And then use your salary to pay off LOC / mortgage? At least lets you purchase from US dealer in cash if the price is right.
Good point on the US porsche dealers willing to negotiate more plus I am interested in the current 991.2 version and with the 992 soon to hit the dealers I hope to be able to get a deal. Fingers crossed.

I'll be taking a hit for sure on the M5, which I've accepted. Think I owe something in the $74k region and realistically speaking think the market would be under $70k, perhaps in the $65k for mine with the mileage I have.
Appreciate 0