12-23-2020, 12:36 AM   #246
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Right but NONE of you are addressing what I keep saying. With this many people out of work, even if they are all entry level people, it SHOUD have an impact on demand for goods and services which in turn sees companies cut back on better paying jobs to cover the shortfall in revenues. I mean, this is exactly why we have ebbs and flows in our economy.

So somehow, that is not happening and it HAS to be the money bring poured in by governments to keep both people and businesses afloat.
I don't know but as of now all this crap has had 0 financial impact on my household, except for maybe saving some money earlier in the year not going out to eat or traveling. As far as I can tell it has also had no impact on any of my close friends or family. They are all still employed and making what they use to or more. One person I know works for the government and he was basically getting paid his normal salary and not having to work for probably like 6-8 months.

Businesses here are PACKED! I mean like more packed than they were pre-pandemic. Before we couldn't go out because stuff was closed, now we don't go out because shit is so packed it's a nightmare. Home depot, Costco, Walmart, restaurants, bars you name it! ANY time of the day it's a complete cluster fuck.

I have only noticed a small handful of restaurants that are now closed. None of the places we frequented before have closed and the couple that did were ones that I don't think were doing that well before all this. Of course that's here in FL. I have no idea wtf is going on in other places with harsher restrictions and what not.

I know me personally... when I'm home and bored I buy stupid shit. Makes me feel good for 10min then I have to buy some more useless shit.

Anyways, speaking of useless shit... been wanting to buy a 2015+ Mustang GT. The available inventory within 300 miles of me it total shit. Barely even any new ones available with my desired specs (not that I want to buy a new one) and prices seem pretty high to me, even though I had not been following Mustang pricing previously.
Appreciate 1
chassis6552.50