View Single Post
      01-25-2023, 12:00 PM   #2
dhurng
Rep
Drives: '19 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javaq View Post
Hello!

I have been looking for an i8 and now possible purchase is close by.

I have some questions about the car and maybe you could help me

- Car is used (2015 model) and has about 100k km (62k miles). Anything what I should really be aware or know on those mileages? Car has perfect service history. Front brake discs are original ones. How long those should last?

-Is it possible to fit skibag (about 180cm long) inside the cabin - somehow? Thought about lowering the passenger seat down or diagonally from behind the driver seat trought to the passenger seat?

-I live in Northern Europe so winter is really a winter. Car has a proper winter tires and driving in winter should not be problem?

-Anything else I should be aware of?
Nice! So from my view:

1) 2023 - 2015 = 8 years which i believe is > 7 factory years for the battery. This is huge and could and should be make/break decision due to the pricing of the fix, if anything were to go wrong. Not sure if this can be extended or what depending on location.

2) So far I can fit 6.5' boards and golf clubs without major issues and without leaning the seat back down, just backward. But there is a great suction roof rack option available

3) winter driving i cannot speak for but it will affect your battery which is already somewhat concerning as stated in 1. But you can just rely on petrol majority of the time anyways

4) I hate to say this and might get heat for it, but maintenance on these things are a pain. Definitely definitely extend that warranty if possible. I have an '19 w/18k miles and i already have some issues with trunk getting locked in and not opening sometimes, window regulator issues, rear window heating issues etc. relatively minor things of course but not so much if you aren't covered.

All in all, if possible, consider looking into a newer year 2016+. I believe 2014-2015 have the most issues regardless of pre-lci vs lci.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0