Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
BMW will never build a better wheel than HRE. This is HRE's one and only specialty. Building stronger, lighter wheels than stocks with custom fitment is what they do. It's not about causing a scene or calling out for attention. Some people just are not content with every single aspect of the car, some people want to improve performance, or make the car suit their personal taste. Companies like these allow us to do that.
I am convinced you are right.

On the other hand, companies like Nike, adidas Reebok and Puma also allow us to buy lighter more colorful shoes that we can wear with our tuxedoes. I suppose it all depends on one's taste. Or lack thereof.
I think you're hung up on the colors though. Most people go for the usual bare aluminum, titanium, black, etc. I personally have never done anything crazier than a smoke or gunmetal color (with the exception of my i8 wheels for which the visible part is gunmetal and the inner barrel is in "i8 blue", a detail most people miss because it's really not that easy to see). A lot of people ended up doing their wheels completely in blue for the i8 because they thought it went with the whole theme of the car, but they were the exception. Notice the wheels HRE provided for Apollo Automobili. They aren't a crazy design or color, they're just good looking, light, strong forged wheels for performance vehicles and that's what these companies are really about, just like Nike and co. are about creating quality footwear for athletes, (or so they say), the options for crazy, unusual colors are just a bonus for those who want to go that route (and hopefully never the route of wearing sports footwear with a tuxedo). On the other hand, the i8 is a sports car, not really the kind of car that makes me think of formal attire.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 3