06-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #119
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Thanks! I'm still getting used to it. The 29er geometry is very different coming from 26" wheels. You sit taller and it doesn't feel as fast to respond on tight switchbacks... but that rollover ability is incredible!

As you guessed, I'm mostly do XC so I usually don't do very technical stuff but lots of grinding up hills and long distances - perfect for a hard tail.
My MTB is 29 also. Apparently Yeti designed the SB4.5 specifically for 29" wheels. I came from 26" wheels and din't even notice it. Riding that bike is how i've always imagined how the perfect bike would feel.

I am curious to tryout a 27.5 set up. Given i'm just getting older, maybe the 29 is the place to be anyway. Not like i'm hitting any sick down hill sections.

I would imagine the BMC is pretty light weight. Do you know what it weighs? It's got to be great on climbs.

I had a BMC road bike and the rear triangle was designed for comfort and man was it. Soaked up all the bumps and vibrations. I feel like BMC is the McLaren of the bike world.