View Single Post
      06-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #120
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
My MTB is 29 also. Apparently Yeti designed the SB4.5 specifically for 29" wheels. I came from 26" wheels and din't even notice it. Riding that bike is how i've always imagined how the perfect bike would feel.

I am curious to tryout a 27.5 set up. Given i'm just getting older, maybe the 29 is the place to be anyway. Not like i'm hitting any sick down hill sections.

I would imagine the BMC is pretty light weight. Do you know what it weighs? It's got to be great on climbs.

I had a BMC road bike and the rear triangle was designed for comfort and man was it. Soaked up all the bumps and vibrations. I feel like BMC is the McLaren of the bike world.
I haven't weighed it but the reviews say it is about 23 lbs. It does suck up bumps good. I did a few rides and climbing is pretty good. I'm kind of out of shape.. I end up grinding on the lowest gear quite a bit but you can feel the bike surge with every pedal.

I tried a 27.5 at a shop before and I was pretty sold on it (closest you can get to 26")... but selection of 27.5 bikes is rather limited with most major manufacturers not having much or anything at all. I didn't want to buy into a dead end standard if 27.5 doesn't take off. I settled on the 29er.

Here's a review of a bike similar to the one I got. Mine is a SLX/XT groupset rather than full XT as this one is.
https://www.ambmag.com.au/feature/te...lite-02-444503