03-25-2020, 11:26 AM   #8
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Pefectly fine. I wasn't trying to criticize the car (although I do think it should have been labeled a 1 series) but merely commenting that many (but obviously not all) buyers won't know or care whether it is FWD or RWD.
And even among those who do know and care about FWD, it's not necessarily a deal breaker. I think there are a ton of people like myself who feel that FWD and FWD based AWD cars lose something over their RWD based counterparts. However, that doesn't automatically mean that all FWD based cars are bad. Would I own any number of Type R hondas? Happily and enthusiastically! Same goes for the more fun VAG products. Would those cars be cooler if they'd been built on a RWD platform from the ground up? Probably, but that doesn't mean they're not still good in their current form.

It's rare to find a car that is 100 percent what you want, usually it's 80-90 percent there with the buyer making a little compromise on a few things. FWD could potentially be one of the things, provided the rest of the package is compelling enough.
Appreciate 0