12-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #33
tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
We just went by the dealership to pick up plates for our crashed 5-series (another story). They had three or more i3s there for CES and we drove one.

I like the way it drives and I like regenerative braking. The braking makes it possible to use one pedal in some instances. The car seems like it will stand still on flat land without a foot on the brake. The instant torque is great; the car accelerates without fuss.

The car is plenty roomy; there were four of us in there (my daughter was behind me with plenty of room). Getting into the car is different. It is almost a slight step up like a crossover.

The materials inside are different. It isn't an issue when you know the story. The trim level was the one with partial leather seating. That may be Giga.

My wife didn't immediately call it ugly which is a good thing. I have no doubts she would choose it for quick trips to the store since gas will not be an issue. It may be in my future.

Does anyone know the cost of electricity, on average, to "fill up" this car?
Electric prices vary greatly around the country. The i3 will use about 20-22kWh's of electricity to drive 100 miles. The national average for electricity is 11 cents per kWh so figure around $2.50 to drive 100 miles for the average American.

Check your electricity bill to see what you are paying per kWh if you don't already know. Chances are if you live in a major metropolitan area you are paying more than the average American though. Here in NJ we pay 17-18 cents per kWh so it would cost me about $4.00 to drive 100 miles. But that would be if I didn't have a solar array which makes all my electricity so I can drive my i3 as much as I want without worrying about refueling cost!