View Single Post
      02-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #40
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

FWIW, while my small city does have public transport, buses are at least an hour apart, and don't run that late, then, they don't go all that may places. When 9 out of 10 trips are only a mile or so each way, with a cooling off stop at the destination, an ICE is a terrible thing...the thing is running rich all of the time to warm up the catalytic converter and the byproducts are lousy. Something that works just fine from cold, like the i3, without the expense of oil changes (unless you have the REx) or sparkplugs, or exhaust system to need work really does make sense.

The studies have shown, the average commute is easily handled by the range of the i3, even in the cold, and extra range available in the warmer weather when you may more frequently wish to take a side-trip.

I understand that many people may not be able to support multiple vehicles, but then, those probably wouldn't consider the i3 as an only car either. I'm still awaiting an opportunity to check one out for those things that are important to me...maybe within the next month or so, the local dealer may get one for test drives...then, I'll decide if it is a viable option. I have to fit, and my folding recumbent trike needs to as well, otherwise, it's a no-go. If both of those work, I'll probably be ordering one.
Appreciate 0