View Single Post
      11-02-2021, 07:42 AM   #50
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitzlejd View Post
How do you like the jet? Have you ever had a prop boat? I'd love to hear your thoughts on pros and cons of jets vs props.

The jet boat is newer and I like the layout more. The prop boat is just more comfortable to me from a maintenance/operation standpoint. Not sure how it will be getting a jet boat worked on. Way less mechanics around here know them. The jet boat is about $4k cheaper though...
For our usage we really love it. The main selling point was the back swim deck being at the water level and the kids not having to worry about hitting a prop when swimming etc. I've had prop fishing boats and they both have their pros and cons from a maintenance standpoint. I went with Yamaha because their warranty covers the boat, motor and trailer. I have not had to use it yet in two years of ownership. Maintenance is fairly easy and similar to any other inboard. Every year change the oil and I change the plugs every other year. Clean and grease the output shaft bearing every year via the zerk. Trailer maintenance is obviously the same. It sucks gas a lot more than an outboard but it is also a twin engine and I'm pulling tubers, wakeboarders and skiers quite a bit. The dual throttle is a ton of fun and it is very maneuverable. Also don't idle where there are any weeds or it will clog up the intakes very quickly. Other than that it's been a lot of fun and fairly easy to live with as far as boats go.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50