///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaedus View Post
I think for BMW, after the fiasco that is the i3 and i8, really needs to put its best feet forward with this new wave of BEVs. this is the perfect chance to stop the onslaught of model 3 taking away sales from the regular 3 series, with model Y on the horizon this needs to happen sooner than later.

the last thing BMW wants to do now is pushing out a new generation of lame, overpriced and uncompetitive BEVs with the Model 3 and Y in full production rate and other legacy manufactures hot on its tail.

i4 can probably get away with charging a couple of grands more than model 3 while having a little bit less range, it's a BMW after all and with a much better build quality, i'm sure people will fall for it.

it's the iX3 that i'm worried about. to me it's nothing but a engine -> battery swap on a regular X3. i'm curious to see how it'll compare to the model Y
The Model 3 comes with a Full Glass Roof with 220 miles of range for $35k (usd) and adds partial premium interior with 240 miles range for 2k (usd) more.

The minute Tesla adds a good lease they will completely steal a majority of the industry's sales, until there is something similarly available for the same price.

The Model Y is an even bigger problem for BMW and the rest of the entire car industry.

It's really alarming to see how slow BMW truly is... Where is the 330e PHEV?