03-14-2019, 01:59 PM   #10
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasH View Post
That's overly harsh I feel.

I think the handling is very good indeed for example. And it is very fast relative to its fuel usage. Overall even, it is on par with a base 911 on track.

It excels in its looks.

It was also revolutionary upon release.
Nonsense... I seriously doubt the i8 will come close to keeping up with a 911 in the hands of a competent driver.

I say "seriously doubt" because I've never driven a 911 on the track, but I do have considerable time in many M cars (1M, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X6M) on many different tracks (inc the Nurburgring, VIR, RA, CMS, Arjeplog, and my home track at AutobahnCC).

I've driven my i8 on my track ONCE and it was a real "boat". My M4 will run circles around it all day long. Hell, even a stock M3/M4 or M2Comp will run circles around it. The i8 is heavy, soft, and lacks the proper wheels/tires/suspension for the job. I never even finished a full 25 min session with the i8 cause it just felt like I was abusing a car which was clearly never designed for track work...

Slower than a Civic Type R or even a 2008 Renault Megane: https://www.topgear.com/car-news/mod...ightve-thought

Its a very nice highway cruiser though and it does look great!

Last edited by evanevery; 03-14-2019 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0