04-12-2019, 07:49 PM   #8
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
My lab swallowed a super bouncy ball when he was a pup, had to be surgically removed. Luckily he was already scheduled to be neutered, Vet said for a few extra bucks he will take out the ball. Funny enough the Vet came out after the surgery and walked up to the wrong family with the ball in hand. You should have seen their faces when he told them "this is the ball I removed from your dogs stomach".
Did you find that he bounced more when thrown after eating the ball???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
I adopted a boxer years ago that had eaten a smoke detector. God knows why that attracted him. Also a box of chocolate, which can be dangerous. Diet of rice only for several weeks, post-op, and he was fine.
Ok, eating a smoke detector, that's a new one lol. Chocolate is scary, I also had a dog eat a fuck-ton of grapes (poisonous to dogs) at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
I don't but your dog is extremely cute and the tags are hilarious
LOL I wasn't sure if anyone would catch those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
We had cooked a few pork tenderloins and had one full tenderloin leftover that was sitting in the fridge. It had been sitting there for days, and we decided it might not be safe to eat.

So I gave it to my Lab, whole, just tossed it in his food dish, thinking he'd chew it up into chunks as he ate it.

Unfortunately, my Lab (as smart as he is in most things) is retarded when it comes to chewing. He doesn't get the concept. He took one or two test bites to gauge something (who knows what) and then proceeded to swallow the pork tenderloin whole like an idiot.

He looked a little uncomfortable with the swallowing of it, but by then it was too late for me to yank it out of his throat, so whatever. But it blocked him up good - he was constipated for days. Should have seen those back legs and his butt just quivering as he would try to pinch one out. I think it was about three days before he could poop again.
Jesus that's actually kind of scary lol. I was instructed by my vet to feed Kara extra to help the glass move along, so I gave her a "chicken pot pie" treat. Which is a small circular treat about the size of a half dollar and a half inch thick. My other dog chews these nicely and enjoys them. Kara ate the fucking thing whole, I'm not even sure her teeth came into contact with it, and she immediate started gagging. I freaked out for a moment thinking about how I can't do puppy-Heimlich on a dog with glass in its stomach, and then she was fine. This dog will be the death of me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
My Boxer ate a bar of Ivory soap and a face cloth.....I called the poison control number about the bar of soap....when they finished laughing they said he'd be ok besides soapy smelling vomit and runny shit. The face cloth was vommited up.

He also would eat the wet naps out of the diaper pale.....he'd then be shitting them out and I'd often have to pull them out of his ass, which worked remarkably like the dispenser they started in.

Our Golden Retriever Buster ate a 1lb solid chocolate easter bunny, including the box. Another time he ate a 64 Pack of crayons crayons including the sharpener.
The wet naps thing is just nasty lol. I've definitely pulled a few things out of dog-anus. It's always a fantastic ways to meet your neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMCoupe View Post
Very cute dogs glad to hear she is going to be okay!!
Thank you!