View Single Post
      04-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #49
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Okay this was a very long time ago, it was my sisters dog, she had dachshund and that seems to be a theme here.

One very could winter my mom was making bread, and the dough would not rise since the house was cold the furnace was barely keeping up. So mom decided to put the dough in the bread pan on top of the furnace vent with a towel over it to help the beard raise. Well mom forgot about it and a few hours later my sister notice her dog was not leaving its bed, She went over and picked up the dog and notice she was kind of bloated, tried to put her on the floor and her feet would not touch the floor she just rolled over. Could not figure out what was going on, then we notice the bread pan on the floor was half empty. The dog ate half the bread and expanded in her stomach. The poor dog could not move for days and she eventually shit it all out.

Then one day my day dropped horse radish on the floor and before my dad could reach down to pick it up, the dachshund ran from its bed and licked up, needless to say the dog then ran to its water bowl and emptied it, filled it and almost empty it again. Dad could not believe the dog eat it and was willing to bet the dog would not do that twice. So my dad put a little horse radish on a spoon and put up to the dogs nose to see what she would do, she ate it and then ran over and finished off the water.

It does not end there, I use to hunt all the time so I raise beagles and use to train them to hunt rabbits. One of the training technique was to find a recent road kill rabbit and put it on the rope and drag it through the yard and woods, then bring out the beagle and get them to find the scent and track it. Well after doing some training I left the rabbit on the rope next the garage and went inside. My sister let her dachshund out in the yard to go to the bathroom and the dog usually came right back and scratch the door to get back in. Well a little while later we notice no scratching and wonder what was up, the dog was just wondering the yard acting kind of weird so my sister went out and brought her in. Again we notice the dog was bloated and could not figure out what was going on no bread dough around this time. A few hours later we found out, the dog was throwing up fur and guts all over the place and crapping out fur for days afterward.

That dog would eat anything it found.

Last edited by Maestro; 04-22-2019 at 08:13 AM..
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00