View Single Post
      03-13-2020, 04:01 PM   #5
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Nope - you were 100% right. This is like the $25 windshield wipers. they can almost always get anyone to pay that if they put them on if they are even 75% - so a lot of places do. $ racket.

I call them on it all the time too. OK, play your games on someone that does not do there own maintenance or understands how this works. I find once I do this once or twice - it never happens again. I am sure my account is labeled with #asshole which is fine by me. I'm not here to be fleeced. If you asked in advance it would be one thing, but just blindly doing it in hopes I'll fork over the $ and shut up? FU

What are the chances that a battery you just changed weeks ago HAPPEN to go dead the moment you drove into the dealership? Less than winning the lottery.

I've done the same thing with a airfilter that I had changed out less than a month prior. "your air filter was very dirty, so we changed it out" "Really? I just changed it a month ago with a WIX filter part #XXXXX - can I see the look on their faces tells you they just got caught. I'm that guy that takes it further too and will ask to see it in front of them and ask them what is dirty about it.

Pisses me off when they pull this shit on my GF or her daughters.
AZ171.00