View Single Post
      04-01-2020, 05:45 AM   #46
Bmmrr
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i lci

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
I think most people on here are missing quite a big part of the picture when it comes to hydrogen fueling stations and vehicles.

firstly, most car manufacturers including BMW have mentioned modular vehicles. In which case you would select a vehicle and than, just as you chose options, you would chose your drive train.
This would give you the option of BEV, FCEV or PHEV(which in time will be phased out).

The UK and EU have both commited to a complete ban on ICE vehicles within the next twenty years so alternatives to diesel trucks and lorries is needed.
They have also commited to providing more hydrogen filling stations.

I understand that at the moment infrastructure for hydrogen vehicles is not there and that production is somewhat expensive and requires a lot of electrical energy, but with that said, do you think that some of the largest fossil fuel suppliers(BP, Shell etc. etc.), are going to sit by and watch as the world changes to fossil free energy or will they simply look into producing green fuels as well as partially converting some of their existing fuel stations in hydrogen and ultimately fully converting to both hydrogen and electric refuelling station.

with this investment and improvements in tech we will see the availability of hydrogen fuel increase and it's cost decrease, even if it's only inline with existing fossil fuels.

ultimately, what will drive the future of vehicle fuel options is, cost, availability and range.
currently (discounting ICE), PHEV is winning in all areas closely followed by BEV with FCEV lagging behind.
in 10-15 years this list may well be completely reversed with both PHEV and ICE slowly disappearing from the market.
Appreciate 2
KRS_SN13439.00
mkoesel7508.50