04-18-2020, 11:34 AM   #9
Maxxsirrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 2017, Crystal White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krokodil View Post
I go by the old saying - Everything sells at the right price!. who dictates that price is usually the man with the cash in his pocket - unless of course a particular seller isnt willing to sell at the buyers price.

Any car at this price point with a technology thats unknown to many traditonal buyers of fast cars is likely to hit a reluctance of sales further down the line which may not affect the more usual Porsche as an example.

Im in the market to buy a Roadster version at the moment and im not seeing any horror stories of the cars themselves- they seem to be fairly robust so far, however due to parts costs and the complexity of the car, I wouldnt take the risk of buying outside of warranty and if keeping hold of the car, id be wanting to extend the bmw warranty which is around £1300 per year after the 3 year manufacurers warranty expires.

If you like the car and can find one within your budget ( keep in mind you average corner garage cannot fix these if the electronics / high volts system goes wrong ) and you can afford to maintain it at bmw or buy the warranty and keep it valid, then just buy the car and enjoy!.

It a unique vehicle, I like that they are not 2 a penny like the porsche cars are and i very much like the silent driving that the electric only gives.

go for it if you like it!
£1060 for a years extended warranty and europe wide breakdown cover, just purchased a month back with a £200 excess. This car is remarkably cheap to run, zero road tax (2017 model), £450 insurance, £1060 warranty, 54mpg average from new, it is a truly special car.
Appreciate 1