View Single Post
      12-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #32
0beron3sq
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M Roadster 6MT

The i8 isn't eventually going to replace any Ferrari's/etc... having lived with the i8 for a week last month: definitively going to purchase a final edition of this or similarly priced hybrid so to become a daily driver - and that's the difference.
Compared to the f430 spyder for example, in my case 2008, the i8 is much more of a relaxation or pleasure in a daily setting. Not just the obvious gas/insurance/etc... I'm referring to the fact that heavy rain sometimes pours in at the soft top seams (not cool driving highway speed), or the time needed to properly heat things up before wanting to have some fun... not to mention tire shredding issues, etc. The best thing about the i8 is that with the composite body holds up cheaper and worry-less than the thin aluminum body on the ferraris... I feel like I can only park the ferrari with 4 spaces to feel remotely comfortable, even getting spooked when wild kids start touching everything. That's no way to live - and I don't care to make enough to afford getting careless over such great handcrafted machines.
The i8 won't hold up on the track (it eventually overheats and drastically reduces polar-shifting-versus-power-to-tires performance over time) compared to like the Ferrari 16M or even the hurracan and similar, but makes life enjoyable when it is something you get a thrill living with everyday.

BTW JWDnl, that matte blue on satin gold is working - beautiful!

Last edited by 0beron3sq; 12-02-2014 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: adding comment
Appreciate 0