Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGatsby View Post
The salesman pitched it as, "since you've never had a large purchase financed, the bank has to minimize risk for the first 6 months, once you establish timely payments with them, they will lower your rate after that 6 month mark. This sounded reasonable to me at the time, but looking back, was clearly the mark of a good salesman, and poor judgement on my part. I should have insured this was in the contract from the lender.
If that happened to me I would be sending an email to the GM or relationship manager of that dealership and telling them of this. Someone who is young and already buying nice vehicles is someone they like to keep around. Then again, I know some people on here have had poor experiences even with getting new expensive vehicles every few years so how they deal with your feedback should let you know if you should consider them for a purchase in the future or not.

Personally I have always had good luck just stating what happened and what I was not happy with. Don't threaten or anything like that and you might be pleasantly surprised.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1