Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
We have much more strict employment laws here than many other parts of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

Um no. Compared to Canada and the Australia you have the wild fucking west. It's a million times easier to let someone go in the US than here, it's not even remotely close.

It's all related to the power given to the municipalities (mostly) and states to meddle in what should be federal issues.
It is immediately apparent that detroitm2 has never worked outside of the US. The employment system here is ridiculously more relaxed and geared towards the employers than most other first world countries.

I will say that I like our credit system though, there are a lot of people here that make good money yet they spend more. You have to actually pay attention to all of the things that you mentioned but the only other (smaller) parts of our ratings are average account age and number of hard credit pulls (which is smart). If someone opens 5 credit cards within a year, even though their available credit is high and their debt to income might be low... who is to say they know how to manage it and aren't going to max every last one of them?

Honestly, our credit system is pretty easy. Have open credit lines that you pay on time, don't bunny hop around and keep opening and closing account, and you should be good to go. You don't have to dote over it or be rich to have a great credit score (trust me, I know)
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0