11-13-2019, 06:06 AM   #2589
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
lmao, the officer said there are cameras but they're horrible to read anything and that i was basically sol

I thought of that, I even thought of going to a bodyshop to figure out the exact color of the car and go from there.

Thankfully - the officer called me a few hours ago and said someone turned themselves in later in the day bc they were running late, and that the officer bought it. So I guess I'm in the clear? I still don't have the person's insurance info myself though, and won't until the report is ready.

I also do not know what to do in this situation

Oh I'll be supremely pissed if that happens!

My daughter had this happen on campus as well. When you get the report, it should contain the other driver's info. We then just called their insurance company and filed a claim. They sent out an adjuster to look at it, told her to go and take it in for estimates at the body shop she uses, submit the claim, and they cut her a check.

Her incident was minor (rear bumper cover). We had an estimate done and they cut her a check for around $1,300. I found a bumper cover and painted it myself in my friends paint booth. Her car looked as good as it did before and she pocketed the $900 or so that was left over. I told her to look at it as compensation for her troubles!