View Single Post
      02-23-2021, 05:23 AM   #5
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
With all the M owners on this forum I am amazed that we have heard only one owner’s opinion.

I hope we can hear from more owners.
I've not seen the benefit (yet) of adding it to my CCA membership (40+ year member CCA). I suppose those who do not have an active local chapter they support, etc, might be better served with M chapter as the primary and only choice? I have an outstanding local CCA chapter (Sandlapper) along with two nearby chapters (Peachtree and Tarheel) with great driving events also (track, autocross) and have at times had dual and triple chapters on my membership to get early access to registrations.

What specifically is useful about paying for an additional chapter for the M chapter? Interestingly, their web page lists off the benefits which are simply the CCA membership benefits other than a mention of "members only events" -- is that implying that the M chapter is planning on specific driving events just for M chapter members? I would think not, but then again perhaps it will be run different from the traditional CCA chapters (who might limit registration initially to their local chapter but then open it up to all CCA members after a given date). Given the proliferation of track and autocross events (at least in this part of the country) at many venues and many clubs, I'm not sure how that is going to work out for it.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 2
DanG10662.00
pseto811.00