02-23-2021, 05:37 AM   #6
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
What specifically is useful about paying for an additional chapter for the M chapter? Interestingly, their web page lists off the benefits which are simply the CCA membership benefits other than a mention of "members only events" -- is that implying that the M chapter is planning on specific driving events just for M chapter members? I would think not, but then again perhaps it will be run different from the traditional CCA chapters (who might limit registration initially to their local chapter but then open it up to all CCA members after a given date). Given the proliferation of track and autocross events (at least in this part of the country) at many venues and many clubs, I'm not sure how that is going to work out for it.
I had the same questions too but my local chapter isn't as active and was looking for more events and content. I follow the Tarheel and NCC chapters since I have family in those areas and have been to a number of events with those groups. They do excellent stuff, Doug Verner and the people are awesome, they really got me back involved in CCA stuff after sitting quiet for a few years.

I joined the M Chapter and what I have noticed so far is they are currently having Zoom events that I don't think are listed elsewhere, some M Chapter content and I think a newsletter like local chapters. Additionally one of the things is some events like the CCA M Track Day gives preference to M Chapter members but I'm not sure if there are track events are exclusive to the M Chapter, I kind of doubt they would be.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52722.50
DanG10676.00