11-12-2021, 06:51 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
Most people want large SUVs with huge batteries and big, distracting touch screens and self driving ambitions. That is the way the industry is going.

I like to drive. The ideal for me is a simple lightweight construction like a gokart, with manual buttons and dials. That is why I bought a 2021 i3S, because I think that kind of cars will not be available new in the future.

I purposely ordered our car without the big screen, without leather seats, without sunroof, without wireless mobile phone charging, and without comfort access. These things add no value for me, just cost. Maybe it makes the car slightly less attractive second hand, but since it costs less new, I can sell it slightly cheaper when the time comes.

I am quite sure the i3 will be a future classic. Most people will never buy an old classic, and the value is decided by supply/demand. At least in Norway, there are a lot of these cars on the roads, and since they are made of plastic, they don't rust. Supply will be high, and demand will be a small group of enthusiasts. I predict low price, unless you are planning to wait a really long time.
Yep only crashes and owners who don't play nice with their car will slowly degrade their numbers. Their like chicken teeth here in the states.

Tesla's are like Honda's here their everywhere !!!

But lately mines over doubled in value ! lol!

Bought it for 8k last year and now their selling for 15k with the same milage and options!

Crazy times!

But yes in most write ups they peg the i3 in future classic territory.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615280.00