View Single Post
      12-01-2021, 09:24 AM   #4
Norbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i3 120, iX 50

I love the i3S and is actually considering getting a new one in the first half of next year despite it being phased out soon. I have had my eye on the i3 for years and always liked it, but it was only until a little over a year ago we got one, which we haven’t regretted for a second.

I think it is one of very few cars that have aged so well, it still looks very modern despite being more than 8 years old. We use it mainly for getting around in the city and going on the occassional 100 km trip. I have never ran out of range and can use it for days without charging. It is the perect (almost) city/urban vehicle. It is small, agile, turns on a dime, fit in all (most) parking spaces and generally a fun drive.

Sure you can tell that the car is getting slightly dated on some of the tech, like still iDrive 6, autamtic tail gate and there are some safety features like blind spot detection that would be nice to have etc. Sometimes it would also be good if it was a 5-seater. But all in all the i3 has aged very gracefully and it was so ahead of its time, much like the A2 was ahead of it’s time as mentioned above. I predict a future classic!

Regardless, congrats on the purchase, you will love it, and I intend to enjoy and appreciate the i3 now and hopefully for many years to come.

Last edited by Norbimmer; 12-01-2021 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 0