05-22-2016, 07:43 PM   #25
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoob View Post
Mishmash of everything. I'm not very brand loyal. For road bikes - Look, Specialized, Ridley, Velo Vie, Williams, Bianchi, Orbea. Mountain bikes - Litespeed and Giant. Track - Bianchi. Cross - Bianchi, Ellsworth, Specialized.

I used to be very in to one-off everything. Zipp Vuma Quad crank, Zero G brakes, blah blah. There is a definite downside to that stuff. Probably why I've kept it simple with my car.
Good stuff! Love the variety. I've only owned that Trek mtn bike, 3 specialized mtn bikes, and my current BMC road bike. I also have my wife's hand-me-down road bike that i use on the trainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Subbed. I'm an ex-citizen-racer-turned-ultradistance-junkie and I think I just kind of got burned out. Met my wife on a century ride so we're both cyclists. We're starting to get back into it a bit lately. Our stuff is all 80's and early 90's, lots of Columbus tubing and Campagnolo jewelry. Even friction shifters. I sometimes think about getting something modern but I don't ride enough to justify it. If anything, assuming we both keep riding more, I'll drop some coin on the tandem and outfit it with better gearshifting gizmos - and *ahem* some lower lows. Ain't geting any younger...
Ultra distance... yikes. Yesterday's ride was my furthest yet. My wife signed us up for a tour of Montana from Glacier to Yellowstone. So i picked up a road bike this past Dec and got to riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc503 View Post
Raced today, wet and cold crit on mixed surface, didn't crash. I consider that a success!
Crit without crash is success. Crit in the wet on mixed surfaces without a crash is a win!

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 05-22-2016 at 08:37 PM..
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6722.50