09-10-2020, 09:45 AM   #25
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Sports in general are popular in Florida, just about any and every sport you want to play is within a 15 mile radius of where I live. Except for maybe (horse) Polo, for that you'd need to drive an hour north. Anyway, I was on my first yr HS team, but other schools had teams for many years, especially the private schools. People are always surprised to hear that my Dad played Lax in college at UF in 1970, intramural/club, but that's when it was starting here and has only grown since. It really is the best team sport.

There is so much info now on youtube about lax specific stretches that I'll definitely be arriving early and incorporating.

While we are sort of on the topic of sports - any recommendations on recovery supplements/foods? Currently taking Glucosamine, Glutamine, and if something is really bothering me CBD always helps along with Tylenol (lol).
Yeah that is nice, for some reason there seems to be more sport fans here then those who actually do anything haha. My grandpa was an all-american lax player at Washington & Lee back in the late 40s. Also coached University of Baltimore's lax team and took them to 5 national championships. Quite an amazing man, rip.

As for the supplements you should be good with what you're taking, if you're on creatine an hydration is your goal I would cycle off. Make sure you have a healthy amount of carb intake following, that has always worked for me. There are quite a few studies showing sugar being helpful in the recovery process following intense workouts. Replenishes glycogen to aid in recovery, small bag of gummy bears or similar would do it.
Appreciate 1