01-07-2021, 07:44 AM   #83
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Thanks. I'm interested to know how people quantify BF%. It seems tedious/inconvenient to perform actual measurements, and I have never encountered a healthcare facility that offered water immersion measurement.
Yeah it is difficult to gauge, if you ask my fitbit scale I am 20% BF lol. I agree that it is inconvenient/tedious to perform, as such I barely ever try to confirm my visual assessment. Some gyms have calipers and owners that are experienced in taking the measurements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
Hell ya sounds like a better place already. Your lungs will get there 4-5 days running a week and pace will feels easier and easier just takes a while to build a great cardio base for distance running. I may be biased but running is an amazing outlet. Maybe tracking your time through a garmin or Apple Watch will create some new challenges for you as well to progress through it. Competitive running is definitely my outlet, I live for that start line and finish line. Each race is a set time goal to beat and my training pushes me everyday to try and hit it on race day. I have been chasing a 1:15 half marathon for a while, I know I can hit so my drive and excitement comes from training harder and harder each day. You feel a boost of motivation and something to be proud of on certain training days when your just having THE day. Just an idea as you running 5 miles already means you already have something in you for running. Most would never do 5 mile runs if it wasn’t bringing them something. I definitely will keep you in my thoughts and if you would like a training plan for running let me know.
I have a Garmin in which I track my runs. I'm around a 7-7:30min/mile pace. Nothing crazy. I like running on the weekends as I often do not feel like going to the gym. Gym is my usually outlet, I'm there 5:10am-6:50am Mon-Fri and usually hit it over the weekend as well. I really just have a blast in there. Running isnt, at least at this point in my life, my only outlet as I often get bored running for over 40mins. Maybe that will change as I progressively improve my pace and my lungs get back to normal. Fastest mile of my life was 5:30. Fastest 2 miles was 11:55. I played lacrosse through highschool and college, so long distance running was never an aim of mine. Again hopeful that will change as I have always wanted to try running a half or full marathon. Seems like a fun and challenging goal.
Appreciate 1
chassis6537.50