View Single Post
      01-12-2021, 04:14 PM   #1
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
DIY health - tech gadgets, lab work, and more

I didn’t see a related thread, so here it goes.

I’m generally a DIY person - home improvement, car maintenance, home IT, etc. My latest DIY endeavor is health, emphasizing tech and data. I’m an engineer by education and health metrics fit my thinking process.

I just got a Kardia Mobile one lead EKG device. So cool. Bluetooth connectivity via mobile device app. It works great and seems like a well made product. It’s the latest health gadget I have added. It joins my Fitbit Versa 2 and an Omron cuff-style non-Bluetooth blood pressure machine, plus the trusty bathroom scale.

All of the hardware devices allow instant measurement at my own convenience, and I plan to start a log in Excel with the data. The engineer is getting excited.

Data collected with the devices:

SpO2
heart rate
blood pressure
EKG
body weight
height (tape measure/yardstick)

The Kardia and Fitbit apps use the data to give a number of assessments (sleep quality, heart rhythm, cardio score (VO2max), BMI, calories burned.

I have also read about self-ordered labs (blood and urine tests). Quest Diagnostics is one provider that offers DIY-ordered labs. The lab results can be added to the collection of home-based measurements.

Is anyone else enthusiastic about the growing ability to collect an increasing amount of increasingly precise health data at home, on demand?
Appreciate 0