United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
2016 BMW M5 F10  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Have you tried Botox?
Short answer No. Long answer: Rather not another monthly injection (already getting one for the below hives issue) or add another med into my system. About 2yrs ago, while on prednisone to fight some hives I had just started to get, my body said no more and everything started to swell up. Ever see Goonies...well not "that" bad..but it was bad! But did have to goto the local fire department to get my wedding ring and another ring cut off. I told my doctor I was having all the side effects of prednisone after being on it for about 2 weeks and rather than tapper down, he suggested I add 1 more pill (forgot mg amount) to my daily. Well, long start short, I went to urgent care that night as I started to have breathing issues and the oncall said to stop taking it ASAP...which is what I suggested to my PCP. Surprise surprise...the very next day...no swelling but hives remained to this date. Wife (higher up at business part of hospital) had a nice conversation with his supervisor and my entire jacket was reviewed; received a letter from that group apologizing lack of patient care and carelessness of my events...in not so many words for legal reasons apparently) . Needless to say, I now have a different PCP. Old PCP was an ass and never listen to what I was saying or what my body was showing...just rush me in/out to get more co-pay. I also had to go around him to get my medical card since he didnt think my migraines warranted it. I did (me being me), contact him and informed him that is DOES help. Always wanted to "try the latest" meds to help with migraines.......I see that as him getting kick backs from the pill farms.
2006 BMW M5
Appreciate 0