Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
But I already had a 2012 Ultrasonic Blue Mica ISF with suspension, longtubes, an exhaust and some carbon lip stuff. Why would I want another when there are better options?

Why is lexus dead? Everything in their entire lineup sans the new shitty CUVs is literally decades old at this point. How old is the tacoma platform? The LX570? Why do you buy these things when the competition offers you so much more? Like I didn't have issues with my ISF, but I also didn't have issues with my German stuff either. Why wouldn't you just buy a 2010+ ISF? The navigation in these new ones is so shitty you might as well use the old stuff which works ok
We can speculate, but i'd imagine Lexus isn't reinventing their cars because they have a much bigger project coming, that's their Solid state platform. No doubt that's likely a big reason why they haven't been re-designing aging platforms, but just do enough to get by until Toyota's EV sweeps into the showrooms. Again, just an opinion.

LX and for that matter, the GX is old but it has a VERY loyal client base. Lexus for that matter has a massive loyal client base, those who wants a reasonably well equipped car that will start every single morning without any CEL or expensive maintenance and don't care for the badge.

You also gotta consider Lexus clientele isn't moved by flashy screens and all the tech. In that regard, Lexus knows its client, rather than dictate what the client want and introduce a bunch of stuff the client would have no desire for, they design for their clients, old and familiar. Yes it maybe outdated to many people, they know their client, its why they have such a loyal following.

Sides, Lexus is selling aging platforms just fine. RX outsells the X5, ES outselling the 5, yes 3 outsells the IS but the 3 also outsells everyone else.

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 2
dscabra4958.50
supra932480.00