View Single Post
      10-31-2018, 09:48 AM   #295
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

That guy in the pic looks like a dead ringer for a guy I used to live with back in the university days. So crazy. I know its not him, he's working in the States now, but still.

We used to call his car Tripod. Mostly because he forgot to tighten one of his wheels (actually, probably all of them) one time and lost a wheel completely when he exited the highway. Fortunately, the wheel just went into the ditch and was reasonably low speed that he was able to muscle the car off to the side of the road.

Both he and his dad were pretty mechanically inclined in spite of that, had to be with the car he drove (1980's BMW 318 ti I think). One time when I knew his dad was coming down to help him fix his car again, I snuck out and taped a large DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) sign onto his front windshield. His dad was less than impressed, so I felt a little bad about my actions.

He was a good guy though, real heart for others. Least he was until he lived with me for a while. My antics put him through the ringer, but it was still good times, and despite the crap we pulled we both still graduated and found good jobs so there's that.

So what's the ETA on the renos being done then - any ideas?
Appreciate 1
Lups11819.50