Aries326
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
Do you know anyone who sorta looks like you and has insurance? Go to the ED and pose as them. I got mad sick one time and that's what I did. I posed as my brother. Got in and treated without a problem. I had strep throat so bad I couldn't even swallow liquids. My breath was starting to stink really bad and my gums started to bleed.

Anyway, you probably got nailed by bacillus cereus. Most commonly found in old stank rice that's been sitting around. Or campylobacter which is found in chicken. Steamed chicken doesn't sound too safe.

As long as you don't have any blood coming out with your diarrhea and things are slowing down, you're probably safe. Drink plenty gatorade even though the stuff will probably run right through you/ You've probably lost a lot of sodium and potassium. Drink pro-biotics too. When this would happen to me in the Philippines, I'd drink Yakult. There are versions of this now in the US.

You don't have a recent history of antibiotic use, and this started after eating at the Chinese restaurant. It's safe to say you don't have a c. diff infection. In which case, you can take ammonium 4mg x 1, then 2mg after each loose bowel movement with a max of 16mg total a day.

When you go to the doc tomorrow, you'll probably get cipro and flagyl. Don't be surprised if they scan your belly to look for evidence of colitis and have you admitted for dehydration. This is going to be pretty expensive. Good luck. With this many days into the illness, I'd go to the hospital too.

BTW, don't go to urgent care. Those guys will listen to your story, run some labs and just send you to an emergency room. You'll get hit with the urgent care bill and the emergency room bill.

Too bad I don't have any MD friends in the area who could hook you up with a prescription. Good luck...