01-30-2017, 04:10 PM   #18
SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louv View Post
My car had the electric preheater replaced early in it's life.

Since then I've gotten about a dozen of these warnings. The first time I parked the car, and had it towed to my dealer. They couldn't find any problem. Since then, I just ignore the warning message. Some day it won't be crying wolf and my engine will blow up. Or something equally fun.

For those folks who have had parts replaced to fix this problem, can you post part numbers? The next time I take it (to a different dealer) I'd like to give them a head start on tracking down possible failures.

Many thanks.
Does the electric preheater work as part of the pre-conditioning and as well as heat up the cabin it also pre-heats (or cools) the batteries so they are ready when you drive?

I drove my car without pre-conditioning recently and outside temp was 2 deg C. I drove for one mile slowly until I reached the open road. Once I got over 45mpg eDrive was turned off and the ICE engaged. After about 5 miles I tried eDrive again and it worked up to max eDrive speed.

So it would make sense to me that the battery temp is pre-conditioned to allow eDrive to be used properly?
Appreciate 0