View Single Post
      01-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #11
Maanpur
Private
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
My F80 M3 lease will be up before the next generation M3 will be out and I've come across a great deal on an i8. I know that the straight line performance is pretty close to the F80 but I'm a little worried that I'll miss the feel of a high performance ICE.

Any i8 owners come from an F80 or similar and felt that way? How's the daily driveability? I find it a bit of a pain getting in and out of the i8, but it will be a secondary car so I'm not too worried. I also have an i3 for more daily driving and commuting. I don't think it will be too redundant having these two next to each other in the garage. I also read about the possibility of a faster i8 in the future. Timing is bad and that won't be in the cards for me. I don't want to spend this much and be outdone in such a short amount of time.

Pros:
Looks stunning
Hybrid
Still fast
More noticeable

Cons:
Too noticeable?
Skinny tires? How's the handling aspect
I might miss the sound and feel of an ICE
Two less doors
Trunk space?
Less comfortable?
Newer faster i8 might be coming

Also, does BMW still have free charging through ChargePoint?

Any other feedback and observations that could affect my decision?

i8 is my daily driver. I had an M6 prior to purchasing an i8. I personally really like it as a daily driver and prefer driving it over the M6. I also have a Maserati Ghibli SQ4 and prefer i8 over that as well. i8 handles really well and is sharp around the corners. I changed the tires to 245/40/20 in the front and 285/35/20 in the rear and now have amazing road grip. Everyone is different so go test drive one and see how you like it.
Appreciate 0