jwestfield
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 i7 and '23 M8 Competition

hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arezzo View Post
That is bad luck, no recall on mine yet. I will check tomorrow.
Had the car 5 days now, soon I will prepare some more extensive comments. So far I am not enamoured by the i8. Maybe I was expecting too much. Despite it's amazing exterior which promises so much, the drive is more than a tad disappointing, the synthezised sound in Sport so artificial. The feature in the i3 which I liked so much regen braking is hardly noticable. Pure Impulse with Carum Grey is satisfactory, but overall interior materials are very average. Steering wheel leather for instance.
As regards road excitment, driving responses etc it has none of the thrills of my previous R8, 458 and even the late departed FF. My wife's new M4 was an immediate hit with me. I dislike Comfort mode which switches the engine off/on. I end up either in complete e drive (kind of fascinating, but 15-18mile range ) or Sport (with the drone )
I collect classic cars and perhaps the mechanical nature and physical feel of those cars, which were continued into my previously owned sports cars makes me a poor candidate for the future of motoring.
Good info - I rode in one a few weeks ago. It certainly is not an m6 or other nice high end BMW car - its outside is amazing, and the inside finish out is 'ok' but nothing spectacular, but I was impressed with acceleration, etc., but I was only riding in it for about 15 min vs. 5 days!!

Curious to know more about your thoughts!!

- John

2021 M8 Competition - Frozen Grey
Appreciate 0