heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
Have you driven one?
It's really hard to up here. Dealers don't get to many and when they do they are in the showroom and sell fast. I'm going by the Car & Driver's long term test where they had a lot of issues in the snow.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-maintenance/

Quote:
Our Supra's cold-weather shoes comprise a quartet of rare and expensive Pirelli Sottozero Serie II tires specifically designed for sports-car use. The rears were originally developed for the Aston Martin DB9, while the fronts were engineered for the Lamborghini Aventador. However, their soft compound and extra grip in cold and slush weren't enough when white stuff piled up and packed itself under the Supra's low-slung underbelly. "This car is an absolute disaster in deep snow," reported staff editor Annie White. "It gets stuck very easily, and you then have to dig out the whole underbody before you can move again. I got stuck three times in the span of an hour and eventually figured out that if I just drove faster I could power through areas of built-up snow—which is more fun. But still, not good."
Was bulletproof reliable though.

Quote:
This BMW in Toyota garb has continued to be about as bulletproof as a Camry. It's recently been in for two scheduled service visits, at 22,197 miles and 30,391 miles. Both trips to the dealer included an oil and filter change, a cabin air-filter replacement, and a multipoint inspection; a fresh engine air filter also was swapped in at the second stop.
Appreciate 0