View Single Post
      05-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #7
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 (on order)

As per @Peggsy's post, in the UK at least, customers that have spec'd the Pure Impulse design package don't seem to being given priority (their build date depends on the date ordered or deposit placed). Having said that, it seems as though quite a few of the UK orders placed so far have been spec'd with the Pure Impulse design pack. But having looked at what it includes, it doesn't appear to me to justify the price of the option (at UK prices anyway)...

The following items in the 'Pure Impulse design package' (which costs £12,000, order code: 7XV) are available to order separately:-
  • 2W8 20" BMW i W-spoke style 470 alloy wheels (or 2HP i Turbine-spoke 625 style alloys wheels as a NCO) - UK cost: £1150 (or £1380)
  • 4FG Seat belts in i Blue - UK cost: £310
  • 4AA Headlining in Anthracite - UK cost: £295
  • 5AS Driving Assistant with Surround-View, Speed limit display, & High-Beam Assistant - UK cost: £1490
  • 674 Harman/Kardon sound system - UK cost: £695
  • N.B. Carpo (Dark or Light) or Halo interiors available as a NCO in lieu of 'i Spheric' full leather upholstery finished in 'Carum Grey' interior - UK cost: £1150 (Carpo Dark/Light) or £2150 (Halo)
Total Cost (of options available to order separately): £5090 - £6320 (depending on options chosen).

Other aspects which are exclusive to the 'Pure Impulse design package' consist of the following :-
  • Anthracite velour floor mats with black leather piping & i Blue accent stitching
  • Brake callipers in high-gloss Black with "BMW i" designation
  • Door sill finishers in Amido Black with "i8" designation
  • Engine cover in Matt Black leather
  • Gear lever with 'Deep Black ceramic' finish
  • Headrests with embossed "i8" designation
  • 'BMW i Pure Impulse card' ("A personal passport to a world of inspiration and privilege: the BMW i Pure Impulse Experience Programme")
...So basically an extra £5.5k-£7k for some letter designations, contrast piping on the floor mats, a leather engine cover, different design/finish on the sill plates and gear lever, and a plastic card!

If the package were to include other cost options FOC such as laser lights, Display Key and CFRP wheels (both of which are availability is TBC!), and build priority, then I feel the additional premium for the package would be more justified. Yes I agree it is simpler to 'just add the one package' than to spec the options individually, but IMHO the package (as it currently stands) does not justify the additional cost.

Last edited by Tilum; 05-05-2014 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0