View Single Post
      04-03-2017, 11:25 PM   #17
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

I rented a 911 turbo for the day to see if I wanted to buy one. Despite only 30k miles the car had seen better days.. kept going into limp mode. Complete waste for me to rent, everyone who drove the car said the same thing.. it was terrible and felt like it had 200k miles.

The guy I rented the car from was nuts. With turo you aren't working with a professional business just some guy who rents out his car. Right before it was time for me to return the car (wish I knew before 7pm...) he told me I had to get the car washed which I had no idea about (didn't say in his ad or any emails from turo). So I said no problem I didn't really get it dirty since I only had the car a couple hours but no problem. I washed the car myself and when I went to drop it off the guy flipped out and yelled that it wasn't clean enough and he was afraid I had ruined the paint (I understand his fear id never ever let a stranger wash my car..). Ended up paying him like $25 to go get it washed again and I was afraid the whole time the guy was going to try to extort money out of me somehow since turo had my credit card info.

The guy has a fleet of cars - 911 turbo, Nissan GT-R, etc. but lived in a really run down apartment complex in a bad area. I'm thinking this is a low risk business (insurance covers any damage) and low initial capital required (100% financing on cars).
Appreciate 0