View Single Post
      02-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #34
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Yeah I don't get the "i expected more" thing. It's a smallish NA motor, what more do you want than 500 natural HP? That's what the GT2 is for and I would legit take a GT3 over a GT2 assuming I could not sell either. Who needs 800hp for the track or the road? 500 is shit tons.
from 997.2 to 991.1 the car got a 40hp bump and a higher redline. despite keeping the engine at 3.8 liters. I was expecting porsche to do something similar, or at least drop the weight significantly. I know its super critical, the 991.2 is already over 100hp per liter. Early on i was hoping for maybe an increase engine size of 4.2 liters or maybe they would finally realize they were at the limit of the 6 and try a flat-8 or something crazy putting out 550hp+. i know... with the modern regulations and stuff this is a fantasy.

I just feel they are turning the regular street GT3 into more of an RS (focusing on the aero improvements more than anything)... downforce that you won't experience on the street. Curious to see how compliant the new suspension is, the current RS is very stiff while the GT3 is still livable. Lots of guys DD their touring. The 2R tire is already less of a DD friendly tire than the cup 2.

as far as the double wishbone. My old 458 and GTR had double wishbone fronts. My current GT3 never left me thinking... damn this front turn in sucks / lacks feel

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0