View Single Post
      02-22-2021, 01:11 PM   #56
Fined
ghost user
Rep
Drives: M2 | 997 GTS

Really cool car, as all the GT3 are. I can't get down with the growing dimensions. It's an inch here "only an inch" and there - they are keep creeping up. Talking about the dimensions of an M2 as comparison for how it isn't that big is not all that convincing, being larger than a 2 series that has a full size backseat that is sitting on a platform not even designed as a sports car.. again, not convincing.

At one point Porsche had a modern GT3 RS under 3,000lbs curb weight. 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0. Not such a modern one.. 996 GT3 are also right there. For the money Porsche should be making GT cars that are not getting heavier. Mazda is managing to do it just fine with the Miata. Not making a direct comparison between a Miata and a GT3, stating that a manufacturer that is making relatively few sports cars can indeed manage to keep the dimensions and weight from ballooning.

Maybe if Porsche gets spun off from VAG it could happen. Pipe dreams! I'm also perfectly satisfied to keep my 997 and buy more of them if needed.
Appreciate 0