View Single Post
      03-31-2024, 07:40 AM   #27
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap View Post
After reading this thread as I have many in the past it is clear you have reliability issues, or you don't.
This machine isn't a basic Toyota with not much fun to drive simplicity. Your buying the car for the performance. I want a car that is fun when you want it to be. I would say performance has the complexities that can possibly have issues. How it is driven and how it is maintained has to figure into the final result. I have had 5 BMW's in past 10 years all with the inline 6 engine. No problems of any kind. I am almost 70 (Old) and do not abuse my cars. I do drive it occasionally to the point that the wife looks at me and says" enough". I enjoy the BMW cars and have a hard time seeing a replacement for $.

Hap
5 in the past 10 years? If you are leasing new ones and driving them 30,000 miles each, that would not mean much to me, except that new and low mileage cars are more reliable than used or higher mileage cars. If you were buying used examples and taking them to 100k miles, that would be relevant experience.
Appreciate 0