Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I will. They're comically conservative and the only people that want a manual Supra will again be Americans. It won't happen.
If they are that conservative, then they wouldn't have even bother teaming up with BMW for this joint project; not to mention the upcoming GR Super Sport hype car. You do realize that half of 86 sales are manuals, and the US wasn't even the largest market for that car. Thats cool, I'll choose to believe ToyotaUSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
"Made iconic in the movie 'The Fast and the Furious'".

Also made me a crap ton of money (relative to the car's value of course) because I bought mine in 2000 when nobody cared about it. Driving that thing around mid 2001 or so turned me into a rockstar overnight, lol.

What a weird time, and I never would have thought they'd retain their value this long.
Yeah prices are crazy. I just saw a NA auto with 150k go for $20k. lol
I have wanted to buy a BRZ since they were announced. One test drive shows the stock motor to be severely lacking in development. I would have hoped that six years would have been long enough to rectify that. It hasn't even been slightly addressed, a "refresh" netted all of five hp and didn't address the torque dip at all.

From the sounds of things, Toyota and BMW haven't talked in four years and Toyota is just getting a chassis m, transmission and motor that they seemingly had nearly no input on. Honestly, I'd expect to see a hybrid Great Gazoo long before a manual, and if they do a manual, likely on a stripper with a four banger. Gross.
Appreciate 0